||Last edition: 20.05.2011
General Competition Rules
Definition of winners
Registration and reception of works
Amiga/PC demo competitions
OldSchool 8-bit competitions
Changes from DiHalt2010
| General Competition Rules
- DiHalt 2017 is a festival of computer art, which will take a place on July, 1-2 in Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
- You can participate in competitions with works created for PC, Amiga/Pegasos, Atari, ZX-Spectrum and Commodore 64, etc.
- Previously released material is not allowed.
- Copyrighted material can only be used with authors permission.
- Each work must have a representative, determined by the author and
present at the party, who will receive the prizes if the work will win a
prize. In other case the author of the work will receive only the diploma by mail.
- There will be preselection of all works and they can be disqualified
for reasons such as poor quality, infringements of the legislation and/or
ethics, etc. Preselection will be made by organizers of the party with an
- Winners will be awarded. The prize fund will depend on quantity of visitors and sponsors.
- All works submitted in competitions can be distributed by organizers
of the party without additional coordination with authors, including on
- Organizers reserve the right to reduce or increase the number of shown
works in any competition, depending on the quality or the level of works.
- Competitions can be combined if there are only few works in a particular competition.
| Compo machines
Organizers provide the following equipment for competitions:
PC: Intel i5-2500, 4Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 475 (1Gb), WinXP 32bit / Win7 64bit / Linux.
Amiga: A1200, 68060/50Mhz, 64Mb RAM, AmigaOS 3.1.
Amiga: A600, 68000 7MHz, 2Mb chip, 8Mb fast, AmigaOS 2.05
Pegasos: Pegasos II, G4/1GHz, 512MB RAM, Radeon9000, MorphOS 3.9
ZX-Spectrum: ZX-Evolution (PentEvo baseconf), TSFM, NeoGS
ZX-Spectrum: Original ZX-Spectrum +2 (gray) + divIDE(5.7c)
Commodore 64 + 1541 disk drive.
| Definition of winners
The winner of each competition will be determined by the results of voting by all present in the hall.
| Registration and reception of works
- Registration of works and participants (who would like to introduce works in competitions) is obligatory.
- Reception and registration of works will be completed for 1 day prior
to the beginning of demoparty - in the evening of Juny 30th. Most
likely the reception of works will go on also after the deadline
(probably directly at the party), but it is NOT GUARANTEED.
- Works for Wild/Animation (CD / DVD) can be accepted directly at the demoparty.
- Registration and uploading of works is done by email:
dihalt.party(at)yandex.ru. If you have
not received confirmation of the registration of your work
in three days, contact the organizers.
- Work and concomitant files (if it is indicated in rules) needs to be
packed in any archive (for example rar, zip, lha) and necessarily to attach
file (file_id.diz), designed approximately as follows:
Nick/Realname: Vinnny / Vlad Vinogradov
Full name of work: Sunrise
Compo: Amiga/PC demo
Duration (minutes): 7:28
P.S.: Demoscene forever!
| ||Next page ==>|